BIA has developed a program called Proper Use of Brick on the Jobsite, which has been specifically created for builders to better understand important aspects of brick masonry construction. Developed by master masons and BIA technical staff, it provides the most up-to-date information on brick construction. Practical knowledge and hands-on demonstrations clearly explain how brick should be installed to result in a durable, trouble-free wall system.
The seminar is complimentary and comes at no cost to attendees.
Who Should Attend
Superintendents and masons with both production and custom builders will find this helpful and it may also benefit building officials, inspectors, architects, and framing carpenters, among others.
What You Will Learn
The information in this program is presented through a Power Point presentation and scale models thatcover the following topics:
- Good Workmanship in Residential Brick Masonry
This 2-hour Power Point presentation offers education on brick wall construction, including topics such as full mortar joints, cleaning, efflorescence, flashing installation, water resistant foundations, sills, and appearance.
- Brick Drainage Wall Construction
Using scale models, the presenter explains how to utilize and install all aspects of drainage walls, including flashing, weeps, air space, ties, and building paper.
How You Will Benefit
This presentation provides valuable information that can result in many benefits for home builders, such as:
- Reduce the number of call backs when brick walls are constructed properly the first time. This will result in reduced costs and headaches for the builder.
- Develop jobsite familiarity to brick, making it an easier exterior product to use in residential construction.
- Differentiate your homes through the increased use of brick that can become a selling advantage responding to consumers’ preference for brick.
Learn more about our home builder seminar.